CMCF is keen to continue to respond to and work with our stakeholders. Following a survey of stakeholders in early 2012 and some roundtable discussions, it was suggested that CMCF should develop a more strategic approach, given its limited resources and reliance on volunteers.
CMCF has therefore developed a strategic plan to guide its activities over the next three years and help prioritise activities and requests.
Dowload the CMCF – Strategic Plan -2013 – 2016.
To give you a snapshot, the plan identifies that CMCF’s key priority areas for 2013 to 2016:
- social justice and equity
- community leadership and capacity
- information, communication and advocacy
- community harmony and cohesion.
Our key stakeholders are:
- the ACT Government, particularly the Office of Multicultural Affairs
- CMCF members
- multicultural community organisations
- other individuals or organisations that represent and advocate on behalf of the multicultural community
- other community organisations
- the ACT community, more broadly
- the Commonwealth Government, particularly the Department of Immigration and Citizenship
- relevant government decision makers, particularly relevant Ministers and parliaments.
Canberra Multicultural Forum
CMCF was formed in December 2005 to be a unified voice to promote the common interests and articulate the purpose and direction of the multicultural community in the ACT through: