An invitation to an evening discussion on the proposed changes to the citizenship test.
- 6.45pm Wednesday 28 June 2017
- Theo Notaras Multicultural Centre Function Room Level 2, North Building, 180 London Circuit Canberra ACT 2601.
This event will provide the community an opportunity to discuss the proposed changes. CMCF will seek to take the views and suggestions collated on the evening and lobby relevant politicians for their feedback.
It is understood that The Australian Citizenship Legislation Amendments Bill 2017 was introduced into Parliament on 15 June 2017 with the following points:
- Increasing the general residence requirements to a minimum of four years;
- Introducing tougher English language tests including listening, speaking, reading and writing skills;
- Strengthening the Australian Values statements and requiring applicants to make an undertaking to integrate into, and contribute to the Australian community;
- Strengthening the test for Australian Citizenship through the addition of new test questions about Australian values, and the privileges and responsibilities of Australian Citizenship;
- Introducing a requirement for applicants to demonstrate their integration into the Australian Community;
- Strengthening the Pledge of commitment.
We hope you will attend this very important discussion and provide us with valuable information on how the toughening of citizenship testing and rules will affect members of our community.
RSVP your attendance to: https://www.trybooking.com/QSRY