- A fun day in the sun, celebrating Australia’s diversity of languages and cultures!
- A packed program with a bunch of Australia’s finest singers, rappers, traditional dances, African drummers, poets and more from across all walks of our community.
- Sausage sizzle, jumping castle, face and henna painting and a free T’shirts for early comers!
Come along in your community’s national costume or come as you are.
- The day starts near the International Flags Display (behind Questacon car park) on Lake Burley Griffin just before 10.30am
- There will then be a community Language Walk at 11am across the bridge and around the lake to Stage 88 in Commonwealth Park (near Regatta Point).
- With a warm up band performing from 11am, the main Cultural Performance Program will formally commence on Stage 88 from 11.50am and conclude around 1.30pm.
Proudly brought to you by: International Mother Language Movement (IMLM) and Supported by: ACT Government (Office of Multicultural Affairs), Bangladesh Australia Association (BAAC), The ACT Bilingual Education Alliance (ACTBEA), National Capital Authority.
For more details, email IMLM.firstname.lastname@example.org or follow IMLD Canberra on facebook.
For more information on International Mother Language Day see http://imlm21.org.au/?page_id=1109