Women in Need (IWiN) invite you to attend a focus group to seek views on the preparedness of the aged care sector in meeting the needs of culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) older Australians (aged 65 and above). Tea/coffee will be served and free parking is available on site.
- Saturday, 6 May 2017, 3pm – 4.30pm
- Belconnen Labor Club, Chandler Street, Belconnen.
IWiN are particularly interested in your thoughts, as an individual or carer, on the following questions:
- has the aged care sector been adequately supported to date to deliver CALD inclusive services?
- what are the key issues you think that still need to be addressed?
If you agree to participate in the focus group, your views will be summarised and integrated into a submission by IWiN to the Federal Department of Health and Ageing. The submission will inform the development of the Department’s Diversity Framework (replacing the National CALD Aged Care Strategy) and a CALD Action Plan to sit under it.
- For more information about the National CALD Aged Care Strategy: https://consultations.
health.gov.au/ageing-and-aged- care/cald-strategy-review- submission/.
- To register your interest in participating in the focus group: https://www.eventbrite.
com.au/e/supporting-older- culturally-and-linguistically- diverse-australians-tickets- 33810370729.
- If you have any questions about this focus group, please contact Suhasini Sumithra at email@example.com
If you are unable to attend the focus group but would like to provide your views, you are encouraged to complete the Department’s online survey at: https://