Two events organised by the ACT Australia China Friendship Society associated with the Chinese New Year
Lantern-making Workshop Learn how to make a Chinese lantern in preparation for the Lantern Festival. Adults and children welcome.
- Sunday 1 March 2015, 1.30 – 3.30pm
- Cook Community Hub, 41 Templeton St Cook
- Entry: For adults and children. Cost: $3 pp
Bookings essential to firstname.lastname@example.org or ph Jean 62547732
Lantern Festival The Lantern Festival is the final event of Chinese New Year. The site is decorated with Chinese Lanterns and lights and there are performances of Chinese traditional music, children’s dances, martial arts, lion dance, a hand-made lantern competition and a lantern parade.
- Saturday 7 March 2015, 6 – 9 pm
- Beijing Garden, Lennox Gardens, Flynn Pl, Yarralumla
- Entry: Free.
Bring your own lanterns or buy one there. Prizes for best hand-made lanterns. For further information email email@example.com or ph 62478231