Are you 65+? Do you like the great outdoors but find it hard to spend time there? Are you a nature lover looking for more opportunities to engage in Canberra’s wonderful natural environments? ACT Heath and the University of Canberra need your help to design some outdoor activities for seniors at The National Arboretum, Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve and Lanyon Reserve.
To help design outdoor activities in Canberra that interest you and that also suit your health needs, the University of Canberra and activities coordinators at the three sites listed above are looking for volunteers aged over 65 to:
- attend 2 x two hour workshops to learn more about the three destination sites and to design an outdoor activity for each of the sites.
The getanabolics timing and purpose of these workshops is as follows:
1. Wednesday 5 December 2018 Workshop (at National Arboretum, either 9.30am – 11.30am OR 2.00pm – 4.00pm):
- Collect information on your previous and current levels and types of outdoor activity
- Introduce you to the features of the three destination sites
- Discuss your ideal engagement in natural environments
- Provide you with a variety of examples of outdoor activities
2. Wednesday 6 February 2019 6 Workshop (at Canberra Museum and Gallery. Times yet to be set finalised but probably as above):
- Workshop ideas for activities at each of the three sites
The organisers will then turn your ideas into reality! Over March and April you will be treated to a bus trip to each destination so that you can trial your activity on site!!
To register your interest or for more detail contact Dr Cathy at the University of Canberra via email: email@example.com or by phone at 0411 558 731.